Monday, October 02, 2006

Brown HAIRED Girl

So I am now...gulp...a brunette.
It was a last minute decision. A change was needed...and I couldn't afford an expensive, 'salon-style' change, so I went with Feria by L'Oreal.
I was going to wait a day or so and really think about it, but after careful consideration and talking to my friend, Adrienne, about it, I decided to rip 'er off like a bandaid. And here we are. I have brown hair...and I LOVE it.
I can't believe I was so scared of doing this. I love the change in my appearance. I think the color looks totally natural, and best of all folks...it only cost me $9.00!!! What more could you ask for??
Now, I am not saying I will stay a brunette forever. We are looking at 26 years of being a blonde and 3 days of having brown hair...I have no idea how it will look in a week, let alone a month. But for right now, i am happy with it.

One time, a long time ago (2001), I dyed my hair red. It too was last minute decision, based on my having just seen Charlie's Angels and thinking Drew Barrymore was the coolest person alive. Anyway, we did it...it looked great...and I freaked out. I just didn't like looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself. It was a long month of me trying to get the red out of my hair...and even after I got blonde highlights I found that there was still so much red.
So you'd think I would learn a lesson and never touch the stuff again...but NO. I learned nothing of the sort.

I lived to dye again.

God, I'm funny.
What do you guys think!!!???!!??!!??