Friday, June 30, 2006

Phew

I am exhausted. Folks, its been almost a month since I last wrote, and let me tell you...what a month it's been.
Firstly, my new job is awesome...exhausting, but awesome. I have never worked in such a relaxed environment. I keep asking permission to do things and they all look at me like I am crazy for asking. Additionally, I have so much shopping to do (i know, poor me) because it is a very casual environment and everyone wears shorts and t shirts and gym shoes...I haven't dressed really casually in at least 5 years. So I have to supply myself with a new wardrobe...work work work.
Secondly, I am going to Vegas tomorrow. I am so ready to relax by a pool and eat great food and hang out with my family...oh, and shop a little bit. Do we note a trend here? I missed having a trip to really look forward to because you have been working so hard. I didn't realize how many things I missed while being unemployed until I became a full time employee somewhere.
Thirdly, I officially went tanning. I was against it for so long, it is so bad for you. But then, after spending so many summers indoors, I realized that sometimes being really white is not so pretty. So I did it. It was a freaky experience, let me tell you. I didn't lay in a bed, I did it standing up. You are basically in a little box, surrounded by those blue lights. I am not scared of enclosed spaces, but I had to make myself count down from 300, just to keep calm. Any reservations I had flew out the window as soon as I stepped out. Seriously, I was golden brown. I spent an entire summer at a camp in Cape Cod and didn't get this nice of a tan. Unfortunately, it fades almost immediately, but I was left with a summer glow. And I am going back today for round two (the guy at the tanning place gave me a two for one deal) So we'll see what color I end up at, I mean, I know it isn't good for me...but damn, does it make me look good!!!

Happy summer, kids!!