Friday, August 25, 2006

Last Night's Lesson Plan

I am hungover at work today. Is there anything worse than that? I think not. But I have decided in my moment of rallying, that I will make it into a slightly positive thing and write about the things I have learned from my dealings last night. Please...no judgement.

1. Eat eat EAT when you drink. Not just before, and don't wait til after you get home. Stop what you are doing or saying, put down the drink, and for god's sake go and get a slice of pizza. Oh my god, will you be happy you did that in the morning. Didn't do that last night...lesson learned.

2. Don't be excited when you are handed a vodka and soda in a PINT GLASS. Seriously, this bar serves mixed drinks in pint glasses...it is overwhelming and deceptive. More so because you end up drinking it as though it was in a smaller glass. Hence, drunker faster, and you don't realize it. Didn't think about that last night...lesson learned.

3. Shots are bad. Lesson learned.

4. Doing makeup touchups in the bar bathroom is never a good idea. Firstly, the lighting is terrible no matter where you are. Secondly, and may I say more importantly, you are drunk. What makes you think you can draw a straight line on your eyelid when you can't even WALK a straight line. I didn't even ponder that for a second last night...lesson learned.

5. Don't think that just because a guy has a foreign accent that he is cute. Unfortunately, the booze doesn't help much with knowing this information. However, when the guy passes out outside the bar and can't keep his eyes open long enough for you to put him in a cab...that's when you figure it out. Didn't think about it before last night...lesson learned.

There are so many more lessons I can go into. I mean, I haven't even gotten to the cab ride home or when you are at home and feeling like you might get sick. Or the next day when you think you might die if you have to go to work. But I figure these lessons are more important for my immediate future...especially as I have another birthday party to go to tonight. Oy vey...lesson learned.