Monday, May 15, 2006

In Heat

So I was fast asleep last night. It was chilly out and I was all curled up in bed, my cat, Daisy, lay right next to me. I am sure I was dreaming about something wonderful...when all of the sudden, both Daisy and I woke with a start, for some beast was being tortured right outside my room!
Ok, so that was my first impression. Then I listened more closely and discovered that it was, in fact, a cat in heat. BUT, it was still right outside my room.
Now, I don't know if any of you have ever heard a cat in heat, but it sounds a bit like a fire truck falling off a cliff with its siren still going. It hurts to listen to. And to top it off, it isn't just a noise that one cat makes and then its done. Oh no. It becomes a chorus of horny cats.
It was the oddest thing I ever heard. Like what I imagine dogs howling at the moon would be like. It was also fascinating. I mean, this cat moaned, and there must have been 10 responses from other cats around the area. It was unreal.
Thankfully, my Daisy was having none of that. She had woken up from the sound, but immediately put her head back down and went back to sleep.
The cat sounds continued for the better part of the night, but i was finally able to sleep right though them.
Those were some seriously horny cats!!






"How you doin??"