Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tempo

I am not crazy, let me just preface with that. However, there are certain things that happen in movies that I cannot handle. Of course, everyone has them. Some people can't watch movies with spiders or snakes, some just can't watch Woody Allen movies. I cannot watch movies where people's hair gets cut off in their sleep.
But wait, you may be saying, there are only a couple of movies where that happens...Well, I don't care. Just knowing that someone had the sick thought of, 'Hey, I know how we can be scary or freaky, lets cut her hair off in her sleep!' stupid.
So to this day, I will never watch 'I Know what you Did Last Summer.' And no, it is not because I hate J. Love Hewitt or her boobs. It is because I was TOLD there was a scene where sara michelle gellar wakes up and has her hair all cut off. That is my worst nightmare realized.
This also happens in a little known movie called 'Drop Dead Fred.' A COMEDY! Folks, this action is not funny. Don't ever think it is. Phoebe Cates falls asleep and her friend wakes her and half of her hair is cut off...just one side! Horrific.
I think it stems to my not wanting to be out of control with my hair. I know, it grows back, and usually in the movies, people end up getting really cute cuts to cover the attrocity, but it all means nothing.
On 'Friends,' when Phoebe cuts Monica's hair thinking she meant Dudley Moore, when Monica said Demi Moore, well, that episode still haunts me. I can't explain it. It is an irrational fear.
If you have this fear, let me know and we can start a support group. We can call it, 'People Against Unnecessary Cutting of Hair Association' or the PAUCHA. We'll have buttons made!!

Oh, and once I was stupid enough to share this fear with a roommate of mine in college. I thought I could confide in her...but she used it against me. If we got into a fight, she would always end it by saying, 'Carrie, shut up or I will cut your hair in your sleep.' It was a long semester.