Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Date-a-thon

I've been an online dater for almost three years now. That may seem like a long time to some of you, but know this...I am very picky and a serious anglo-phile. I tend to gravitate towards British guys, I don't know why. Of course, the Brits and the Americans I've dated are all a little bit crazy.
I won't go into too much detail here because I still have the hope that one day I will write a one-woman show on all of my online dates. But I will speak vaguely on all of them. Of all my dates, and there haven't really been that many, there have only been a few I think really liked me. And even fewer whom I liked back. With those ones, I always manage to screw it up.
Here's the thing I have never understood...the 'game.' Apparently there are a ton of people who all know the rules to this game. I have no clue. I am always being told...'Oh no, never call him. Don't respond to his text messages. Never say yes to his proposed second date, always say you have plans.' I mean, its a lot to keep straight. Also, what happens if HE isn't following any rules or playing any game? And what do these 'games' entail? Do I need to wear protective headgear?
I made this resolution to not online date for awhile. It happened right after my friend met her first ever internet date and now they have been together for almost 6 months. That sort of pushed me over the edge. So I quit, no big deal. Except that now I am being slowly pulled back in to it's world. But this time I am ready. I know more than ever what I won't put up with. If a guy is crazy or acts weird, I will end it then and there...no more second or third chances. (but I will finish out the first date...good for my one woman show)