Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A code in by dose

Literal translation: I have a cold in my nose. And my head...sinuses...throat...etc. Is there anything worse than being sick? Well yes, funny you should ask. You could be sick...AT WORK. There actually isn't anything worse than that.
I don't usually want to lay my head down on my desk, but I have done it twice today already - and its only 11:00am.
When I was a kid, I didn't get to stay home from school a lot. It was not really an option, unless I was really really sick. So I was forced at an early age to suck it up and deal with my illnesses as best I could. So it follows that when I became an adult that I still forced myself to go to work even when every fiber of my being tells me to stay home and sleep it off.
What is funny is that when I actually get to work, everyone always tells me to go home. People are always shocked that if I wake up sick that I still try to make myself function like a normal person.
So what is the answer? I don't know if I will ever be able to make myself call in sick to work if all I have is a cold. Its that first call where you have to still make yourself sound sicker than you already are, thats what kills me. The guilt - oh the guilt.

So my whole point for this is that I am sick today...and I think I will be going home in a couple of hours. So if you need me...I'll be at home.