Thursday, February 23, 2006

Unemployment

I have been unemployed now for three days. It was self-imposed, so I can't really complain; but it has not been easy. Its weird, but time starts to fade away...seriously. I was grocery shopping the other day (something I usually do on Sundays) and I couldn't figure out the time or the day. I had to take my cell phone out to look at the datebook in it. It was embarassing...and not just because I was in line to pay when I had to stop everything.
You feel like a lay-about. A useless member of society. Nothing.
Now, this is not to say that when I worked I always felt I was contributing to society, or that my life had meaning, etc. But I totally took for granted that I had something to get me out of bed in the morning.
Sorry for the depressing blog. I'm hungry, and I am sure that is the cause of all these blue thoughts.